Friday, December 14, 2007

Where, Oh Where Have I Been?

Has it really been almost a month since I've posted??? How is that possible? Where has the time gone? Where have I been? Rest assured, I'm alive and kickin'! Just terribly busy with all the holiday crazies!

Emerson and I went home to Wisconsin so he could visit Papa, Mia and Auntie Cali for Thanksgiving. And since our return to Louisiana...well, work has been a madhouse, holiday shopping is a nightmare, and baking is a distant thought at this point! I've been trying to design and I know I need to post freebies for my alpha and first round of patterned papers, but with all the above and then my CT spot at Digital Freebies (loving it! and so excited to be a part of the CT there...wish I could stay on after my 3 month stint is over!!) I just have not had the time. Oh yeah, and I have a nasty cold that I just can't seem to shake.

Of course, these days I seem, to be full of excuses. It's much too easy to say, "You're not feeling well, Nicole. Just take it easy and veg in front of the TV tonight" instead of getting a head start on the weekend laundry. Or "You worked hard to get those 2 LOs done for your CT requirements. You need a break from the computer" instead of working on my son's baby album (20-months-old and his baby album is just now scrapped up to the day we brought him home from the hospital! I'll never finish it at this rate!)

As my hubby says, though, "It will get done when it gets done." Life is too short to stress about little things, and I try not too. I do regret not finding more time to design, however. And I'm still wondering how all these designers do it!! If anyone knows...please tell me their secret! I already go to bed and lie awake brainstorming layout designs, page kit ideas, etc. My problem is that I can't seem to find the time to execute my plans!