Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Brand New Day!

OK...so I guess introductions come first, right? My name is Nicole and I'm 32 years old. I'm starting this blog because I have become obsessed (really...just ask my husband) with digital scrapbooking, and I hope to get into the designing aspect of it. Hopefully, this blog will give me the chance to let people check out and comment on my works in progress, and I'll even offer some freebies from time to time!

I want to warn you now that I will NOT be a frequent blogger! Sure, I'll post every other day or so at first, but then I'll get busy or I'll forget or I'll realize that no one is reading the thing, so why bother?!! LOL

Back to introductions. I am a wife and mother. My husband and I have been together for 7 years--married for 3-1/2. My adorable son will be 18 months old tomorrow! (How can time slip by so quickly?) I graduated with a degree in English, but I'm working as a secretary (never did like the term administrative assistant. Secretary is much easier and faster to say) for a company that sells municipal traffic signs and worksite safety products, flags and banners, commercial Christmas decorations, and advertising specialty items. I mainly take care of invoicing, accounts payable, and call-in sales, but I DO get a chance to design every so often (which is good because otherwise I'd go mad!).

I love to read, but rarely find the time anymore, and I love to do digital scrapbooking. I enjoy spending time with my son, of course. He is a constant source of amazement. In the future, I hope to do a lot of international traveling and explore the world, finish my ever-increasing need-to-read book list, sell my digiscrap designs online, learn another language (preferably Italian or Spanish), lose 20 pounds, get my Masters or PhD, and buy a bigger house! Sounds like I'll be busy for quite a while, and that's only PART of my "To DO" list!!!

So...that's me. I hope you all come back from time to time to check out what's going on in my world and to see whether or not I've managed to post any freebies! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I have lots to learn. It's a brand new day and I'm ready!