Monday, June 30, 2008

Apologies, Explanations, & My New Wacom

Once again Nicole had gone MIA with not even a note of explanation! What happened to blogging at LEAST every Monday? What happened to making sure I stayed in touch and let everyone know what was going on? It all flew out the window once we decided to sell our home and move into a new construction. Let me tell you, it has been nothjing but one HUGE headache!

The people who bought our existing home bought it for the husband's mother, whom they wanted living closer to them. isn't that sweet? I thought so too....until we realized they are selfish, petty people who are unwilling to give even a little. We did everything we could to make things easier for them, bending to almost their every whim. Won't make that mistake again! They gave us nothing but grief, made unreasonable demands, failed to get their paperwork done on time and kept pushing back the closing date. Now Thomas and I only had 2 days off from work. We were supposed to close at 10am on the first day which would have given us all that afternoon and the whole of the next day to unpack. Yeah right. They pushed back the closing until we threatened to call off the sale and sue them. Then, all of a sudden, the paperwork was magically completed! Unfortunately, that didn't happen until 4pm on the last day we had off. And can you believe the b**** (excuse the language, but I'm still angry) never once apologized? All she did was whine about how she had to pay for us to stay in a hotel overnight (yes, that's only right since it was HER fault we weren't able to close. The time and date was set up because the closing attorneys were told that everything was complete. It wasn't until 4pm the day before we were supposed to close that the woman's lender woke up and realized she didn't have all her paperwork in!) and complain about how inconvenienced she was!! Excuse me, but SHE still had a house to live in! WE were the ones who would be living out of boxes in a garage for the rest of the week because we had to go back to work the following day!!! How was she inconvenienced by this? Other than maybe she had to reschedule her manicaure.

OK...off my soapbox now. That's my explanation for why I went MIA. There was just so much to be done between getting all our ducks in a row, packing, and then living in limbo for a while (oh yeah, did I mention I ended up with food poisoning from the hotel room service? That was loads of fun.), and then trying to get somewhat unpacked so I could get my family comfortable in our new home. I'm a Cancer, a crab, my home is everything to me and I'm not doing real well without everything being in its place! I hope to have most of it done by the end of this week. Of course, all our spare cash is gone, so I'll have to wait indefinitely to decorate.

My good news is that I was talking to our custom sign guy at work and told him I was saving up for a graphics tablet. Leter, he came up with a Wacom Graphire 3 and told me I could have it because they bought it to try ages ago and no one liked it! Hoorah! I know nothing about this tablet and it's not what I was going to choose myself, but it was free! I downloaded the driver upgrade for Windows Vista and the tablet DOES work...I just have yet to play with it. Can't wait until I have a free moment to play! I also ordered a 500G EHD, which I found for just under $87!! That's my b-day gift from my parents. Yippe! I can FINALLY have all my purchased kits unzipped and in one spot. no more shuffling through disks, unzipping and erasing once I'm finished! Now I just need to find the time to do all THAT too! LOL

Well, that's it for now. But I'll be doing another blog post in a few moments with big news!!