Monday, February 25, 2008

On Your mark, Get Set, GO!!!!

Let the Amazing Digi Scrap Race begin! This is my first year racing, and my partner is the fabulous Tany aka Simple Girl's Scraps O' Life! I think is her first year too. I'm excited, but a little mervous because I have a lot on my plate these days! I think if I try to do my LOs on the day each challenge is released, I'll be OK. I just need to designate "jobs" for each evening...and then the trick will be staying on top of it all!

And even though this blog is SUPPOSED to be for designing only, I am breaking my rule by also posting info about the ADSR. Challenge #1 is hosted by Digital Scrapbooking Classes. Our challenge is...using the template provided, we are to scrap our favorite person or animal; at least half of the layout has to be in our favorite color; and we have to find one of our favorite elements and use it at least 3 times on the LO.

I decided to do my favorite animal (let's face it...I do plenty of LOs with Emerson as it is!), which is the elephant. And my favorite color is green (hmmm...green elephants....sounds familiar! lol). I really had a hard time choosing a favorite element, but finally decided on a piece of tape by Lara payton's kit "Amid Memories" because I find myself coming back to it over and over. It's perfect for heritage pages, grungy pages, "realistic" pages, etc. Here's the result:


The journaling reads: I started collecting elephants when I was in high school. There was something I just loved about the animal...its strength tempered with great gentleness, its massive bulk matched by the graceful movements of its trunk, its loyalty to family, its ability to remember and pass down those memories to new generations. Shortly after I began collecting, I found out that my great-grandmother also loved elephants. Once people found out abou my collection, Istarted receiving various pieces that my great-grandmother had given as gifts from her own collection. I hope to someday inherit all of them from theaunt who inherited them from my great-grandmother. Until then, I’ll continue to add to my stash, so I have even more to pass along to my grandchildren!