Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Challenges #4 & #5

Goodness. Where have I been? I'm a little behind in my bloggingand tonight I have both challenges #4 and #5 to share with you.

Challenge #4 was a "Spill It" challenge. We could scrap anything as long as we were sharing something...good, bad, or ugly! We also had to use at least one blending technique, have a minimum of 1 large photo, and our journaling had to be 1/4 of the page. Here's what I came up with:
The journaling reads: CONFESSION I am an addict. A bookaholic. I don't "do" libraries. I feel the need to possess, to own. I have to BUY that book. Don't ask me if I want to borrow a book from you...I don't. If you say it's good, I'll go buy it. 2/3s of my books are in storage. I have about 300 that I own and have not read yet, but my "To Buy" list is still 250 books and growing! I can't stop...I have a serious problem!

I'm nearing the 1,300 mark with my books, I believe, but my purchasing has definitely wound down quite a bit. Actually, my problem now is with digi scrap products!

Challenge #5 was different. We had to interview an inanimate object! I chose to do a conversation with my bathroom scale and I did the journaling as if it was a play we were acting out. Here's the LO:

The journaling reads: CONVERSATION WITH A SCALE A Play In One Scene Scene: A bathroom. Nicole stands at the sink brushing her teeth with her back to the audience. The scale creeps up until it is directly behind her.

Nicole (turning around & tripping over scale): Aack! You scared me! Why are you creeping up on me like that?

Scale: I haven’t seen you for a while. I thought you might want to weigh yourself before you go.

Nicole (looking down with hands on hips): Well, I don’t, so will you please go back to your corner?

Scale: But I’m lonely! I need the company.

Nicole: Shall I get my pedometer to keep you company? Or maybe my heart monitor?

Scale: No! I want you! I really think you ought to weigh yourself right now just to see how much weight you’re putting on. I’ve been watching you, you know.

Nicole: Do you really think I’m going to step on you after a statement like that?!!

Scale: Just one quick little peak! I promise I won’t tell anyone. Besides, maybe it won’t be as bad as we both think it will be. C’mon.

Nicole (stepping over scale to leave bathroom): Absolutely not. I want to forget all about you. Now, will you please go back to lurking in the shadows? Or would you rather I throw you out?

Scale (shaking fist at Nicole’s retreating back): Just you wait! I’ll get you yet and you’ll rue the day you ever decided to ignore me! I’ll double your weight the next time you step on me. No, I’ll triple it! I’ll make you think you’re so heavy you’ll never want to leave the house....

(fade to black as the scale continues to issue hollow threats)

Oh that was too much fun. Challenge #6 is up, but you'll have to waita while for that one!