Monday, March 31, 2008

Challenges #9 & #10

Here I am back again with Challenges #9 & #10 from the Amazing Digi Scrap Race. They were both challenging for me because they required things I normally don't do!

Challenge #9 was an altered art challenge. We could scrap whatever we wanted as long as it included altered art. Now, mind you, I've never done altered art before. Had no clue how to even begin! I've always admired the altered art items I've seen, really admired them, but have never tried any on my own. I really like Alice In Wonderland and I imagined this awesome page of ALice from Through The Looking Glass with the Red Queen, the talking flowers, a rockinghorse fly, and verses from the Jabberwocky poem. OK...so the actual page turned out nowhere near the way I imagined (!), but it sure was fun. I think I'll try my hand at it again sometime. Take a look:

Challenge #10 was another tough one. It required the use of 50 DIFFERENT elements from at least 10 DIFFERENT designers! I'm just not used to that. I use 2 or 3 designers per page and always have trouble including lots of elements. Messy is just not my style forte, although I love how a lot of other people's "messy" layouts turn out. I saw tons of great designs for this challenge (several of which I saved in my "Favorites" so I could lift them later!). Here's my attempt:The journaling reads: Where is my life headed? What does the future hold in store for me? It’s something I often wonder about. Wonder and worry. My life seems so chaotic most of the time...with things that need to be taken care of and things that constantly need attention. I feel overwhelmed most of the time as I try to fulfill all the roles that I’m expected to play...mother, wife, daughter, friend, designer, secretary, creative team member, financial organizer...and those are just some of my duties, not any of my hobbies! Sometimes I feel as if my life is out of control...something I have a lot of trouble with because I’m a bit of a control freak! There are days when the chaos seems to overrun everything and I just can’t seem to catch-up. Then there arethe rare days when it all seems to go my way. I know I worry too much. I know that my future, which hopefully includes another child and a larger home, will turn out just the way it’s supposed to whether I choose to obsess about it or not. I know that whatever the future holds for me, I’ll be able to handle it. And I’ll set it to order...one day at a time.

I can't believe there are only 2 more challenges to go!