Saturday, April 5, 2008

Challenges #11 & #12

Well, I'm posting the last two layouts for the Amazing Digi Scrap Race. I can't believe it's over already! It went very quickly. Part of me is gald because I can now focus on other things (designing and something I almost forgot about--my "real" life! I need to get back on a regular schedule), but part of me is sad too. It will feel as if I'm forgetting to do something! LOL Anyway, here's #11:

The only requirement was to use wings. This is a pic of my granmother as a babe. Cute, huh?

#12 was for both partners. Since my partner was unable to complete her layouts and was disqualified, I had to find another. Luckily, one came to my rescue. One of us had to provide pic(s) and journaling and the other did the layout. So, I did the journaling and found a pic (the theme was "A Great Moment In My Life") and sent it to my new partner (whose name is also Tanya!) and she did the page. Here's the result:


The journaling reads: Meeting my future husband was the catalyst for a major accomplishment in my life--growing up! Before Thomas, I was stuck in a life of parties. I had no direction, no goals. Relationship after relationship was with the wrong man, the wrong friends. Most of my friends wanted to do nothing more than drink and party. My boyfriends were either losers, users, beaters or cheaters. Meeting Thom changed all that. He didn't put up with my temper tantrums, my attempts at picking fights. He told me that when I was feeling adult enough to talk, I would know where to find him. He taught me how to control my temper and deal with our problems in a calm and collected manner. He explained that my low self-esteem was what was unattractive--not me. He taught me how to find my self-worth. He was an example of someone who could do for himself and didn't need to rely on others for a good time. He showed me that I could stand on my own two feet. He taught me the meaning of trust--a hard lesson for me to learn.Meeting Thomas brought me direction, it set me moving forward. At the same time, it brought me stability, a safe haven. Meeting Thomas was the cornerstone of my change from an immature youth to a promising young woman!

Well, that's all folks! The next post should be back to designing! (And maybe a little freebie, if I can get my act together!)