Friday, April 25, 2008

Emerson's 2nd Birthday!!

My little boy turns 2-years-old today!! I can hardly believe it! Is he that old already??!!! Thom remarked just a few days ago that it seems as if we just brought him home from the hospital. So true.

I was looking at the walls in his bedroom this morning, looking at the pics I have of him in there from his first few weeks of life, and started getting misty-eyed. How tiny he was, how helpless, how much in need to be taken care of. Certainly that's not the same baby who has turned into a little boy overnight and no tells us "No!" and "Em-son do it". Certainly this little boy who now cries "Down!" when I hold him is not the same baby who use to want to be carried next to my bare skin while I paced up and down the floors all night.

Now don't get me wrong...I absolutely adore my little man...of course I do! I love the things he says now that just make me laught right out loud. (After getting an especially irritating knot out of his shoe laces while trying to undress him, Emerson gives me a big smile, claps and says "Yay Mommy! You dood it! Good job." or while standing next to daddy in the kitchen and hearing daddy "break wind" for the first time, Emerson turns to me, waves his hand in front of his face, wrinkles up his nose and says, "Smelly noise!"). He amazes us with his ability to speak so well and clearly, and with the things he just seems to know without us telling him (like "smelly noise"...he knew exactly how to express his thoughts, his observations...and that incident happened when he was only about 18 months or so!). But there's a part of me that does, and probably always will, miss that bitty baby and his dependence on me...on ME!! Maybe it's time for another baby...you think?

Before I wax nostalgic anymore, let me get to the real point of this post....a freebie! And because I got caught up last night with baking and decorating cupcakes to bring to daycare today, it's something I had to throw together something pretty quick last night at quarter to 11! maybe that's OK because I happened to pull things (with the exception of the paper-fold flowers) that I created around the time Emerson was first born! They're in shades of orange and blue...2 colors I LOVE to dress him in...and, since Emerson is 2 today, everything y ou'll receive is in the same quantity! 2 solid papers, 2 striped papers, 2 polkadot papers, 2 grosgrain ribbons, 2 ricrac ribbons, 2 buttons, and 2 folded flowers! I hope you enjoy it. Download it here!




(And because I had some pircay issues, I had to remove all my old freebie links. I changed things around a little and will be fixing past posts with new links. So don't worry, if you didn't get them the first time around, they'll be available again soon!)

Please leave my little boy some lovin'! Happy Birthday, Emerson!

And I'll let you know something else, go to Designs In Digital, (see the Interesting Things thread) because Emerson is giving away 2 coupons for his Mommy's products! 22 people will receive 2 coupons for 25% off anything in my store!! And if you hold onto those coupons for a bit, I'll be uploading new things real soon!