Monday, April 21, 2008

A Whole Lot of Rambling & Some Exciting Store News!

I really and truly meant to post all this last night. However, Sunday night is Masterpiece Theatre night on PBS and I try to never miss it. I usually work on the computer while I watch, but last night was different. For one thing, Emeerson had gone to a birthday party in the afternoon for his bestest little buddy, Hunter, who turned 2! There were lots of people, a fun jump, dogs, things to ride on, push around and get pulled in...all of them things Emerson is NOT used to (nor is his Mama! I'm one of those people who gets absolutely drained by having to spend any amount of time with a large group of people). And even though Emerson was the one who was playing hard all day (he would NOT get out of the fun jump...even when it was time for Hunter to open presents!), I was just as exhausted as he was (and he didn't get to nap, so he was pooped!) Being outside all day wreaked havoc on my sinuses (due to allergies) and I felt miserable with watery eyes and congestion that made my head feel like a boulder. Here come the meds!! I was still hurting and did NOT feel like sitting in front of a computer screen, so I sat down to start watching Masterpiece Theatre. "My Boy Jack" was on...the story of Rudyard Kipling's son and WWI. Fascinating and very well done, BTW. Towards the middle of it, the meds began to work and my sinuses were clear as clear could be, but I was so enthralled with the show that I couldn't tear myself away. And by the end, I was bawling so hard that my sinuses filled up again! (And I am NOT one to cry, usually, but having Emerson obviously did something to my hormones because there are times now when I cry during diaper commercials!) I completely forgot about the computer. I turned the TV off, got my luch ready for today, and went to bed on the couch (so I could sleep semi-erect....my head was pounding was pounding so much that sleeping prone was not even an option!). So, the point of all this rambling is that I'm not getting to posting until this morning!

Now on to some store news! And I have news/info for all of my wonderful "homes" today! First, let's start with an unbelieveable sale....

From now until the 27th, Hot Spot Scraps is having a 1 Euro sale. On what? On the ENTIRE store (OK...with the exception of the Mega Kits)!! Can you believe that? It's unheard of!! You have to hurry over and check it out. There are so many talented designers there. I'd spend a small fortune if I let myself! The last time they had a sale, I snagged a lot of great stuff, but they keep coming out with more and more that I add to my "Must Have" list! Don't miss out on this deal, folks! A sale like this doesn't come by everyday!

And after you buy a bunch of new goodies, you'll need to do some scrapping to justify all your purchases! Did I tell you that I'm one of the challenge hosts over at Designs In Digital? Go check out the challenges! They're loads of fun. The challenges I host are the Monthly Color Challenge (I give you a color swatch and some kit suggestions that match the swatch and you scrap something fabulous!); the Bi-Monthly Photo Challenge (twice a month I give you a photographay theme and you use the theme to come up with photos for your page); the Weekly Scraplift Challenge (I provide a link to a member's gallery, you go search for some inspiration and voila! you have the basis for a page); and the Weekly Font Challenge (for all you font junkies out there! I find a font and all you need to do is incorporate it somehow on your LO). Janie hosts the Bi-Monthly What's My Theme Challenge (she provides a theme--right now it's scanned items--you use it for your LO, and you can even discuss the theme in the forum thread) and Kirsty hosts the Monthly Sketch Challenge (where you get a template for free and all you need to do is scrap a page using it). The prize system is a little different...all you need to do is complete 3 challenges for the ENTIRE month, post your links in the appropriate thread, and you get a free kit from the month's featured designer! It's a great deal and a super easy way to add some really fab kits to your stash! Head on over and check it out!

Lastly, keep your eyes open for an exclusive kit I'll be adding to my store at Bits 2 Kits! You won't be able to get it anywhere else! I'll be going through my contribution to the March Mega Kit along with the bonus freebie I offered to anyone who e-mailed me the special code (provided in my TOU when you purchased the kit ) and choosing papers and elements (and a complete alpha!) to create an entirely new kit! The color theme is so pretty and perfect for Spring that I'm calling the kit Oh So Springy. But remember...you'll ONLY be able to find it at Bits 2 Kits! I'll post, of course, once it's in the store. So check back soon!

That's all the news for now. But I'll give you a hint for an upcoming post....I've e-mailed invitations to a few of the gals who applied to my CT call! I've heard back from 3 (out of 8) and I'll be announcing them soon!! I am SO excited and the gals I chose all do awesome work. I can't wait to get to know them better and to see what they'll be able to do with my lil' ol' kits! Oh gosh, this means I need to do a CT blinky...and that will get my butt in gear for finally doing a "Fan Of" blinky as well! Have to start brainstorming.....