Monday, April 7, 2008

New Kit Coming Soon!

Wondering what I've been up to? Well, I found my desigining mojo--briefly--but enough to finish an entire kit, complete with alpha, in only 2 days! OK...the alpha took another day, but that's still REALLY good for me! Since then, my mojo has been a little down due to family and work issues, but I feel it stirring deep inside, ready to awaken and send me into another designing frenzy, so I'm going to try to complete all the collaboration kits, freebie obligations, sales flyers, donation kits, CT assignments, etc that I have lurking around so I can get to work on the billion and one design ideas I have finally gotten written down on paper (before I forget them) and get those puppies into my stores!

Back to the issue at hand! I'm really proud of this kit, which I'm naming Black Tie Affair...not only because I was able to finish it so quickly and still produce what I think, at least, is beautiful work, but also because I have created something simple yet elegant, sophisticated yet fun. It was a blast to create, and I was really challenged trying to stick to a black and white color scheme and still produce something interesting that really "works". You know what I mean??

I'll be selling it as a complete kit, a paper pack, an element pack and an alpha pack. With the complete kit, you'll receive 2 solid papers, 10 patterned papers (all with a light satiny texture), 2 glittery border overlays, 2 glitter swirls, a bookplate, 2 half-knot bows, 2 full bows, 3 cufflink brads, 1 closed envelope, 2 pieces to make an open envelope, 1 invitation with a cut-out design, 1 eyelet, 3 flowers, 1 oval frame, 1 square wrapped frame, 2 decorative journaling tags, 1 silver key, 4 photo corners, 2 prongs, 2 wide ribbons, 1 thin ribbon, 1 ribbon wrap, a complete alpha with upper and lowercase, numerals and some symbols! Wow! I think that's everything.

Here are some previews. First the Complete Kit:

Here's the Alpha Pack:
And now for the Element Pack:

And lastly, the Paper Pack:

I'll post again once I get it into my stores. I hope to finish the previews and get it uploaded this week. Please check back so you know when t go buy it! LOL And here's a little insider info just because you're kind enough to read my blog...I already have plans for a companion kit to this! It's one that can stand alone--like BLack Tie Affair--or it can be combined with this to create countless beautiful pages. More on that later (as I actually get something other than IDEAS down for you to see!).

Thanks y'all and good night!